Creating A Personal Shrine: a 3-Day Workshop to Honor Spirit
Memorial Day Weekend, May 25-26 plus optional 27th
$225/days plus $100 for third day
Whatever your religious beliefs, a personal shrine can reflect your innermost beliefs and give you a creative outlet to express goals and ideals. It may be a memorial to a lost loved one or a way to focus on an aspect of self. Shrines, temples, altars, and empowered objects such as amulets, talismans and relics evoke unseen worlds, and are ways to focus energy and explore one’s own cosmology.
• we will look at shrines and sacred objects from various cultures
• consider the structure and function of a shrine or altar and its parts and inhabitants
• incorporate your own mythology in the form of personal totems, family stories, cultural responses, items from nature, etc.
• build your vision using collage, paper construction and clay
• create a container for sacred objects
All levels of clay experience welcome.
Bisque firing of workshop pieces at my studio included. Come back to glaze your work during a studio class.